Monday, May 23, 2011

Pilgrimage to Tinsel Trading


Tinsel Trading, 1 West 37th Street, New York, NY
While in New York for the National Stationery Show last week, I made the trek to Tinsel Trading Company, a fabulous store filled with trimmings, notions, ephemera and petite treasures! I have read about this store in magazines such as Somerset Studio, and was so excited to realize my hotel was only 1 1/2 blocks away. Below are just a few of the items I picked up...

Collage Kits at Tinsel Trading
I loved the "collage" kits, filled with random pieces of ephemera, vintage ribbons and more. Once I opened them I loved them even more. I have to be honest, I'm not sure if I will ever "make" anything out of them, since really just the ensemble works for me as a photograph!
Patriotic Goodies
Preakness Inspired
Bastille Day Charm
Oo la la
Moulin Rouge in May
So, if you make it to New York, and you're looking for some vintage inspiration, be sure to head to Tinsel Trading Company in midtown!

0 comments: