Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving at the Nute Home, 1959
I love this photo. It was taken Thanksgiving, 1959 at my grandparent's house. My parents were just newlyweds of 5 months (they are not in this picture), and I was not even an inkling in their mind (perhaps my older brother and sister were-- but definitely not me!)

I love this photo so much because it just says "family Thanksgiving." The men are in ties, the women are dressed up. The china is being used and my grandmother's fancy goblets are out. The candles are lit, and there is a welcoming pineapple/fruit centerpiece on display. It's not a Martha Stewart affair, and would not grace the boards of Pinterest for it's recipe or party idea potential, but it sure looks like a festive gathering.

The best part about this picture is everyone has a smile on their face. So even if this was just a down-home Thanksgiving, it must have been fun!

Wishing you and your family have a wonderful, down-home Thanksgiving of your own!

1 comments:

AroundClockGifts said...

Great blog! Very happy to see everyone together and enjoying. Nothing is best
thanksgiving gift other than spending time with your family.